Classical musicians and world music artists are invited to apply to tour.
Prairie Debut has helped develop the careers of some of Canada’s finest musicians by providing increased national profile through exposure to thousands of audience members across the prairies, valuable touring experience and performance opportunities. By providing access to artists of excellent caliber, Prairie Debut also contributes to the quality of life in the communities it serves.
Prairie Debut organizes block-booked tours and ensures that both presenter and artists have a successful experience. Tour concerts take place in venues of all sizes, from recital halls in professional theatre complexes to churches and the intimate settings of house concerts. Tours are based on full-length concert programs, and often include outreach activities such as school concerts and performances at seniors residences, master classes, workshops, and private lessons. Prairie Debut is responsible for all tour routing, concert contracts, travel logistics and organization.
- May be individuals or small ensembles.
- Must view the discipline as a vocation and be recognized as professional in their artistic discipline by their peers.
- Must be a Canadian citizen, or have permanent resident status, as defined by Citizenship and Immigration Canada. You do not need to be living in Canada when you apply.
- One or more members of the ensemble must have a valid driver’s license and be comfortable with highway driving.
- Must be willing to obtain a police clearance check to be eligible for education outreach activities.